- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of dashi (optional)
Put all the ingredients in the pressure cooker and set it to Multigrain setting and adjust the time to 22 minutes.
Of course, you can always use a rice cooker, or a regular pot, or however you make rice.
Chicken & Veggies
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Grab some chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken in a glass baking dish
- Brush some olive oil over the meat
- Season it as you like: spice mixes, black pepper, or herbs.
Into the oven the chicken goes! Cook for a total of about 35 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.
Meanwhile! Get a bunch of veggies you like, for instance: peppers, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrots, whatever you got in the fridge.
- Gather them up, and wash them of course
- Cut em up into florets or 1-2 inch squares
- Toss them in olive oil with some black pepper and paprika (or whatever spices you have on hand: be creative, it’s really hard to mess this up!)
When you’re done prepping the veggies, increase the oven temperature to 425°, even with the meat still in there if it’s not completely done. If you prepped the veggies too quickly, brush some more olive oil over the meat (I like these silicone brushes), then place some foil over it so it won’t dry out.
Spread the veggies all in a single layer on a baking sheet and put them in the preheated oven for about 20-25 mins, or until tender.
NOTE: Don’t forget to check on the meat while the veggies are cooking. You should basically have this process:
- Rice going unattended
- Meat in the oven
- Veggies in the oven
- Meat out of the oven
- Veggies out of the oven
- Rice out of the Instant Pot
Then combine it all on plates and serve! I like to also pour some soy sauce over the rice for extra taste.