Being a huge fan of DIY cosmetics lately, I went ahead and did some chapsticks! They don’t have any ingredients that really expire, so you can make a bunch and they stay good forever!
The amounts I used here make a bunch of tubes, about 20-25, so you can shrink the recipe down to make just a few. (I get the empty tubes here)
As usual, I use a pyrex measuring cup in a boiling water bath to melt all the ingredients as follows:
- 30g Beeswax
- 30g Shea Butter
- 30g Cocoa Butter
- 30g Apricot Kernel Oil
- 30g Avocado Oil
- 20 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 20 drops of Rosehip Essential Oil
- 30 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Vitamin E Oil
OR if you’re like me and like to play around with your recipes, here’s a general guideline:
- 1 part Beeswax
- 2 parts butters like Cocoa, Mango, Shea, etc
- 2 parts liquid-at-room-temp oils like Apricot Kernel, Almond, Avocado, Coconut, Safflower, Hemp, etc.
- A few drops of essential oils
- A few drops of Vitamin E Oil
Then just melt it all down and pour into your containers!
Have fun, and don’t be afraid to experiment!
NOTE: The links to the products in this post and others are the ones I personally ordered and used, and are my favorite. You are of course, welcome to purchase them from any other source 🙂 these links may earn me a few cents if you do make the purchase using them.